Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following tasks to process materials used in manufacture of electronic semiconductors: Saws, breaks, cleans, and weighs semiconductor materials to prepare materials for crystal growing.
- 2) Forms seed crystal for crystal growing, using x-ray equipment, drill, and sanding machine.
- 3) Loads semiconductor material, seed crystal, and dopant into crystal growing furnace and monitors furnace to grow crystal ingot of specified characteristics.
- 4) Grinds ingot to attain specified diameter and cylindricity, using grinding machine.
- 5) Locates crystal axis of ingot, using x-ray equipment, and grinds flat on ingot.
- 6) Saws ingot into wafers, using power saw.
- 7) Etches, laps, polishes, and heat treats wafers to produce wafers of specified thickness and finish, using etching equipment, lapping and polishing machines, and furnace.
- 8) Cleans materials, seed crystals, ingots, and wafers, using cleaning, etching, and sandblasting equipment.
- 9) Inspects materials, ingots, and wafers for surface defects.
- 10) Measures dimensions of ingots and wafers, using precision measuring instruments.
- 11) Tests electrical characteristics of materials, ingots, and wafers, using electrical test equipment.
Is being a "SEMICONDUCTOR PROCESSOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SEMICONDUCTOR PROCESSOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SEMICONDUCTOR PROCESSOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SEMICONDUCTOR PROCESSOR"
Job Number: 9142