Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends series of tanks to inoculate molasses wort with pure yeast culture to produce seed yeast for use in production of baker's yeast: Pours molasses wort and chemicals into tank, according to formula, and adds yeast culture from flask.
- 2) Observes thermometer on tank and opens valves to allow water to circulate in coils of tank to maintain specified temperature.
- 3) Pumps air into tank to aerate yeast.
- 4) Tests specific gravity of yeast, using hydrometer, and tests acidity of yeast, using pH meter.
- 5) Adds required chemicals to adjust acidity when necessary.
- 6) Pumps wort to successive tanks as yeast growth progresses.
- 7) Submits samples of wort to laboratory for analysis.
Is being a "SEED-YEAST OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SEED-YEAST OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SEED-YEAST OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SEED-YEAST OPERATOR"
Job Number: 9134