"SEED CORE OPERATOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs following duties to produce seed cores from silicon crystal ingots for use in crystal growing process: Tends saw that cuts ingot into specified lengths.
- 2) Determines crystal orientation of ingot sections, using x-ray equipment, and draws orientation lines on ingot.
- 3) Positions ingot sections on chuck of drill according to crystal orientation and activates drill that automatically removes seed core from ingot.
- 4) Grinds seed core to smooth rough edges, using sanding machine, and x rays and marks seed core to indicate crystal orientation.
- 5) Tends machine that cuts groove in seed core.
- 6) Cleans seed core to remove contaminants, using ultrasonic and etching equipment.
- 7) Wraps finished crystal in protective paper.
- 8) Records production information.
Is being a "SEED CORE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SEED CORE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SEED CORE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SEED CORE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 9127