Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assists FIRST HELPER to melt and cast iron and steel in open-hearth furnaces: Cleans furnace tapholes, using scraper and oxygen lance.
- 2) Closes furnace tapholes with pipe, chrome ore, dolomite, or magnesite to prevent loss of molten metal, and relines steel runners.
- 3) Weighs additives, such as fluorspar, lime, and manganese, and trucks them to furnace areas.
- 4) Shovels refractory materials into furnace.
- 5) Assists crew in slagging or flushing furnace.
- 6) Starts furnace by igniting gas, using torch.
- 7) Performs other duties as described under HELPER Master Title.
Is being a "SECOND HELPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SECOND HELPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SECOND HELPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SECOND HELPER"
Job Number: 9112