Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends single- or multiple-spindle screw machines equipped with automatic indexing and feeding mechanisms that drill, turn, bore, thread, tap, and face metal bar stock according to specifications: Loads bar stock into feeding mechanism.
- 2) Starts machine, engages feeds, and observes machine operation.
- 3) Changes worn cutting tools, using wrenches.
- 4) Removes sample workpiece from machine and inspects workpiece to verify conformance to specifications, using instruments, such as preset comparator, ring and screw pinch gauges, calipers, and micrometer.
- 5) Moves controls to adjust machine operation.
- 6) May sharpen tools, using bench grinder.
- 7) May machine plastic or other nonmetallic materials.
Is being a "SCREW-MACHINE TENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SCREW-MACHINE TENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SCREW-MACHINE TENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SCREW-MACHINE TENDER"
Job Number: 9077