"SCREW-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates single- or multiple-spindle lathe-type screw machines equipped with automatic indexing and feeding mechanisms to machine metal bar stock, following specifications and tooling instructions and applying knowledge of screw machine operations: Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications, such as dimensions, tolerances, number of parts to be machined, and tooling instructions, such as cutting speeds, feed rates, depth of cuts, and cutting tools to be used.
- 2) Positions and secures specified collets, bushings, and stock pushers onto stock-feeding mechanism, using wrenches and screwdrivers, and loads bar stock into feeding mechanism, manually or using hoist.
- 3) Installs and adjusts specified cams, gears, and stops to control stock and tool movements at each station.
- 4) Positions and secures tools in toolholders, verifying positions with gauges and other measuring instruments.
- 5) Sets cutting speeds and feed rates.
- 6) Moves controls to cycle machine through settings, stopping machine and adjusting tool positions and machine controls to allow for operating factors, such as timing, clearance between moving parts, and chip removal.
- 7) Starts machine, observes operation, and inspects first-run and sample workpiece to ensure machining conforms to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as plug and ring gauges, calipers, and micrometers.
- 9) May operate bench grinder to sharpen tools.
- 10) May machine nonmetallic materials.
- 11) May be required to have experience with particular material or product or machine of particular size, type, or trade name.
- 12) May set up machines for other workers.
Is being a "SCREW-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SCREW-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SCREW-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SCREW-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR"
Job Number: 9073