Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machines, such as baling machine, centrifugal separator, and oil purifier to salvage metal parts and cutting oil: Loads and moves barrels or crates of metal chips, shavings, or clippings from machining operations, using handtruck.
- 2) Dumps metal scrap into baling machine and activates machine to compress scrap into bales.
- 3) Binds bales of metal scrap with wire or metal strapping.
- 4) Shovels scrap in spinner bucket.
- 5) Clamps covers, sets timer, adjusts sump pump and oil line valves, and flips switches to start automatic cycle of centrifugal machine that spins metal scrap to separate cutting oil from scrap.
- 6) Starts centrifugal oil purifier that filters foreign matter from used cutting oil to make oil reusable.
- 7) Disassembles rejected devices and materials, such as thermostats, valves, conduit, and connectors, using handtools, arbor press, vises, and power hacksaw.
- 8) Sorts parts according to type of metal or part.
- 9) Weighs bales and barrels of scrap metal and ties identification tags on scrap.
- 10) May oversee and demonstrate salvaging procedures to other SCRAP HANDLERS.
Is being a "SCRAP HANDLER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SCRAP HANDLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SCRAP HANDLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SCRAP HANDLER"
Job Number: 9029