Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Locates and exterminates plant and tree pests and diseases: Searches fields, brush, trees, and warehouses to locate plant pests, such as witchweed, boll weevil, Japanese beetle, soybean cyst nematode, fire ant, gypsy moth, white-fringed beetles, and army worms.
- 2) Mixes exterminating agents, such as herbicides, insecticides, and fungicides, according to type of infection or infestation to be treated.
- 3) Applies exterminating agents, using spray equipment.
- 4) Destroys clusters of gypsy-moth eggs by painting or spraying clusters with creosote.
- 5) Collects samples of infected soil or plants for laboratory analysis.
- 6) Marks infested area to determine effectiveness of treatment.
- 7) May specialize in treatment of one type of infestation, such as gypsy moth or witchweed.
Is being a "SCOUT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SCOUT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SCOUT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SCOUT"
Job Number: 9026