Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Formulates and enforces standards for construction and alteration of public school facilities throughout state: Develops legislation relative to school building sites and school design and construction.
- 2) Guides school districts in development of long range comprehensive master plans, including such factors as site selection and expected population growth and mobility, and school finance and specifications.
- 3) Coordinates activities, jurisdictions, and responsibilities of adjacent school districts and evaluates entire systems of schools.
- 4) Provides technical information and advice to local school authorities considering construction or renovation of school plant.
- 5) Inspects proposed sites and schools under construction or undergoing alteration to enforce applicable standards.
- 6) Prepares suggested classroom plans and layouts, taking into consideration such factors as climate, construction costs, availability of materials, and accepted principles of institutional construction.
- 7) Reviews plans for construction and renovation of school buildings and approves or disapproves plans in accordance with standards and policies of department.
- 8) Confers with representatives of school boards, educators, and architects to explain and reach agreement on design concepts and construction standards.
- 9) Arbitrates difficult and unusual construction disputes.
- 10) Conducts special research studies concerned with lighting, heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, and acoustics.
- 11) Prepares reports for state education department and state legislature.
Is being a "SCHOOL-PLANT CONSULTANT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SCHOOL-PLANT CONSULTANT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SCHOOL-PLANT CONSULTANT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SCHOOL-PLANT CONSULTANT"
Job Number: 9016