"SCARFING MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates, from control booth, scarfing machine to cut surface defects from rolled steel slabs: Reads rolling orders to ascertain scarfing instructions and determine machine setup.
- 2) Selects specified number of torches and installs tips in torches, using handtools.
- 3) Clamps torches in machine at specified angle and connects hoses from gas and air manifolds onto torches.
- 4) Opens manifold valves, observes pressure gauges, and turns valve wheels to regulate gas and oxygen pressure.
- 5) Moves console controls to ignite torches and adjust gas and oxygen mixture to obtain specified color of flame.
- 6) Moves controls to position machine on rolling line, to activate rolling conveyor, and to ignite torches.
- 7) Observes operation to ensure defects have been removed from slab and rescarfs slab as needed.
- 8) Opens water spray valve to flush scale and metal from scarfed slab.
- 9) Moves controls to move machine away from rolling line.
- 10) Cleans and changes tips as needed.
- 11) Prepares production reports and cleans work area.
- 12) Assists other workers to repair scarfing machine.
Is being a "SCARFING MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SCARFING MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SCARFING MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SCARFING MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 9010