Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs, calibrates, and repairs weighing scales, using handtools, power tools, and standard test weights: Moves scale into position, using hoists and rollers.
- 2) Inserts shims between scale base and foundation to level scale.
- 3) Secures scale to foundation, using handtools.
- 4) Tests scale, using certified weights, and adjusts pivots, dial settings, and pendulums to ensure that weight indication meets legal specifications.
- 5) Turns setscrews to adjust spring scales.
- 6) Disassembles scales and repairs or replaces worn or damaged parts, such as pivots and bearings, using bench grinder, handtools, and power tools.
- 7) Straightens, cleans, and repaints structural parts of scale.
- 8) May install, adjust, and repair electronically controlled scales.
Is being a "SCALE MECHANIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SCALE MECHANIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SCALE MECHANIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SCALE MECHANIC"
Job Number: 8999