Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following duties in preparing logs for cutting into lumber and storing cut lumber in sawmill: Unloads logs from trucks or cars.
- 2) Rolls logs onto sawmill deck.
- 3) Examines logs for defects, such as embedded pieces of iron or stone, decayed wood from splits, and marks defects for removal by other workers.
- 4) Rolls logs from deck onto log or carriage.
- 5) Rides log carriage of head saw and adjusts position of logs on carriage to cut planks of required thickness.
- 6) Sorts and guides planks emerging from saw onto roller tables or conveyors for trimming edges.
- 7) Straightens lumber on moving conveyors.
- 8) Straightens edges of rough lumber, using saw.
- 9) Operates and maintains donkey engines.
- 10) Sharpens and adjusts teeth of woodworking saws.
- 11) Tends fires in donkey engine.
- 12) May relieve designated workers engaged in preparing or cutting logs into lumber and be designated Sawmill-Relief Worker.
Is being a "SAWMILL WORKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SAWMILL WORKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SAWMILL WORKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SAWMILL WORKER"
Job Number: 8991