Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects community land areas and investigates complaints concerning neglect of property and illegal dumping of refuse to ensure compliance with municipal code: Inspects designated areas periodically for evidence of neglect, excessive litter, and presence of unsightly or hazardous refuse.
- 2) Interviews residents and inspects area to investigate reports of illegal dumping and neglected land.
- 3) Locates property owners to explain nature of inspection and investigation findings and to encourage voluntary action to resolve problems.
- 4) Studies laws and statutes in municipal code to determine specific nature of code violation and type of action to be taken.
- 5) Issues notices of violation to land owners not complying with request for voluntary correction of problems.
- 6) Issues notices of abatement to known violators of dumping regulations and informs other municipal agencies of need to post signs forbidding illegal dumping at designated sites.
- 7) Prepares case materials when legal action is required to solve problems.
- 8) Conducts informational meetings for residents, organizes neighborhood cleanup projects, and participates in campaigns to beautify city to promote community interest in eliminating dangerous and unsightly land use practices.
Is being a "SANITATION INSPECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SANITATION INSPECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SANITATION INSPECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SANITATION INSPECTOR"
Job Number: 8972