Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Abrades surfaces of metal or hard-composition objects to remove adhering scale, sand, paint, grease, tar, rust, and dirt, and to impart specified finish, using abrasive-blasting equipment: Shovels or pours abrasives, such as sand, grit, or shot of specified grade into machine hopper.
- 2) Masks specified areas of object to protect from abrading action.
- 3) Loads parts on racks in enclosed rooms, into tumbling barrels, or into cabinets.
- 4) Turns valves on equipment to regulate pressure and composition of abrasive mixture flowing through nozzle or into tumbling barrel.
- 5) Starts equipment that directs blast or flow of abrasive-laden compressed air, gas, or liquid over surface of parts.
- 6) Manually directs nozzle over surface of large parts or inserts arms through glove-fitted cabinet openings and manipulates small parts under nozzle for specified interval.
- 7) May examine finished parts to ensure conformance to specifications.
- 8) May be designated by type of equipment or abrasive used as Cabinet-Abrasive Sandblaster; Shotblaster.
Is being a "SANDBLASTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SANDBLASTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SANDBLASTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SANDBLASTER"
Job Number: 8946