Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Collects samples of coal, ore, crushed stone, aggregate, sand or gravel from railroad cars, conveyors, stockpiles or mines and tests materials for conformance to specifications: Gathers samples from specified locations and transports samples to laboratory.
- 2) Dumps material into sample divider to reduce volume of sample.
- 3) Weighs material, using balance scale, and dumps sample into grinding machine to grind and blend sample or into screen testing machine to separate particles by size.
- 4) Weighs segregated particles collected on each screen and computes percentage of each in total sample.
- 5) Examines samples for presence of foreign matter and variation from color standard.
- 6) Compiles reports indicating percentages of materials of specified size.
- 7) Notifies management when materials do not meet specifications.
- 8) May weigh, dry, and reweigh samples to determine moisture content of samples.
- 9) May bag samples for testing at other locations.
- 10) May perform chemical sedimentation or magnetic separation tests.
- 11) May perform hardness test on pellets.
- 12) May plot origin of samples on mine map.
Is being a "SAMPLER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SAMPLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SAMPLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SAMPLER"
Job Number: 8934