Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sorts and inspects metal rejected by inspection and mill departments for purpose of salvage: Receives and records numbers of rejected metals.
- 2) Examines metal for defects, such as surface blemishes, flatness, straightness, or dimensional irregularities according to specifications, using rule, micrometer, and vernier gauges.
- 3) Identifies and marks portion of metal to be salvaged.
- 4) Routes salvageable metal to next operation and rejected metal to scrap department.
- 5) May inspect other specified steel products, such as bars and sheets, for conformance to dimensional specifications and quality standards.
Is being a "SALVAGE WORKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SALVAGE WORKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SALVAGE WORKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SALVAGE WORKER"
Job Number: 8896