"SALESPERSON, YARD GOODS"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sells yard goods made from cotton, linen, wool, silk, synthetic fibers, and other materials: Unrolls bolts of cloth to display assortment of fabrics to customer.
- 2) Advises customer as to kind and quantity of material required to make garments, bed clothes, curtains, and other articles.
- 3) Discusses features and qualities of fabric, such as weave, texture, color, and washability.
- 4) Suggests harmonizing or matching colors of fabrics.
- 5) Measures and cuts length of fabric from bolt, using scissors and measuring machine or yardstick.
- 6) Performs other duties as described under SALESPERSON Master Title.
- 7) May sell sewing accessories and notions, such as dress patterns, needlecraft books, needles, thread, buttons, and zippers.
Is being a "SALESPERSON, YARD GOODS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SALESPERSON, YARD GOODS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SALESPERSON, YARD GOODS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SALESPERSON, YARD GOODS"
Job Number: 8884