"SALES CLERK, FOOD"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Obtains or prepares food items requested by customers in retail food store, totals customer bill, receives payment, and makes change: Fills customer order, performing duties such as obtaining items from shelves, freezers, coolers, bins, tables, or containers; cleaning poultry; scaling and trimming fish; slicing meat or cheese, using slicing machine; preparing take-out sandwiches and salads; dispensing beverages; and warming food items in oven.
- 2) Weighs items, such as produce, meat, and poultry to determine price.
- 3) Lists and totals prices, using paper and pencil, calculator, or cash register.
- 4) Informs customer of total price of purchases.
- 5) Receives payment from customer for purchases and makes change.
- 6) Bags or wraps purchases for customer.
- 7) Cleans shelves, bins, tables, and coolers.
- 8) Stamps, marks, or tags price on merchandise.
- 9) Sets up displays and stocks shelves, coolers, counter, bins, tables, freezers, containers, or trays with new merchandise.
- 10) May make deliveries to customer home or place of business.
- 11) May write orders, decorate cakes, or describe available specialty products, such as birthday cakes.
- 12) May order merchandise from warehouse or supplier.
- 13) May be designated according to type of food sold as Grocery Clerk; Meat Counter Clerk; Produce Clerk I; Sales Clerk, Fish.
Is being a "SALES CLERK, FOOD" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SALES CLERK, FOOD" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SALES CLERK, FOOD"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SALES CLERK, FOOD"
Job Number: 8721