"SAFETY ENGINEER, MINES"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects underground or open-pit mining areas and trains mine personnel to ensure compliance with state and federal laws and accepted mining practices designed to prevent mine accidents: Inspects mine workings to detect unsafe timbers, cribbing, roof bolts, electric wiring, elevators, explosives storage, equipment, and working conditions.
- 2) Examines walls and roof surfaces for evidence of strata faults indicating cave-in or rock slide hazards.
- 3) Tests air to detect concentrations of toxic gases and explosive dusts, using safety lamp, methane detector, carbon monoxide register, and anemometer.
- 4) Recommends alteration or installation of ventilation shafts, partitions, or equipment to remedy inadequate air circulation of air-conditioning.
- 5) Applies principles of mining engineering and human engineering to design protective equipment and safety devices for mine machinery.
- 6) Gives instructions to mine personnel in safe working practices and first aid, and strives to promote and maintain safety-mindedness of workers.
- 7) Investigates explosions, fires, and accidents and reports causes and recommendations for remedial action to insurance companies, mine management, and state authorities.
- 8) May lead rescue activities during emergencies and maintain rescue equipment.
Is being a "SAFETY ENGINEER, MINES" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SAFETY ENGINEER, MINES" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SAFETY ENGINEER, MINES"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SAFETY ENGINEER, MINES"
Job Number: 8696