Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Coordinates safety traffic program and instructs truck and trailer drivers in matters pertaining to traffic and safety regulations, and care of equipment: Instructs drivers regarding company regulations, penalties for infraction of rules, or safety and conservation measures.
- 2) Rides with drivers to detect errors in handling cargo or driving vehicle.
- 3) Patrols highway to detect violation of company regulations by drivers and to observe condition of vehicles and road.
- 4) Reroutes truck as result of unsatisfactory road conditions.
- 5) Investigates accidents involving company trucks, questions witnesses and drivers to determine causes of accidents and makes adjustments in accordance with governmental regulatory agencies' and company procedures.
- 6) Directs transfer of cargo from damaged truck to substitute vehicle to ensure scheduled delivery.
- 7) Analyzes accident reports obtained from governmental agencies to determine driver's need for additional training.
- 8) Trains supervisors in such matters as safety and conservation of equipment and driving hazards.
- 9) Confers with department heads concerning such problems as accident rates and abuse of equipment, and recommends measures to improve safety records and to conserve equipment.
Is being a "SAFETY COORDINATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SAFETY COORDINATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SAFETY COORDINATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SAFETY COORDINATOR"
Job Number: 8694