Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine, consisting of series of subdivided tanks, that coats cloth with silicate or other chemical solution to strengthen and fluff cloth: Starts pumps to transfer chemicals and water into mixing tank above machine.
- 2) Determines specific gravity of solution, using hydrometer, and adds chemicals or water until required specific gravity is attained.
- 3) Threads end of roll of cloth through guides and squeeze rollers of tanks and over takeup reel at end of tanks.
- 4) Turns rheostat controls to obtain specified roller speed and tank temperature.
- 5) Turns valve to admit specified amount of silicate or other chemical solution into tanks.
- 6) Starts machine and observes cloth as cloth passes through tanks and onto takeup reel.
Is being a "ROPE-SILICA-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ROPE-SILICA-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ROPE-SILICA-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ROPE-SILICA-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 8578