Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates track-mounted machine in ropewalk to lay rope-fiber strands into heavy line, such as marine hawser and towline: Lays strands on guide arms parallel to track.
- 2) Anchors ends of strands to stationary fixture at end of ropewalk.
- 3) Secures other end of strands in self-propelled machine at opposite end of ropewalk that lays strands into rope and coils rope onto reel as it moves along track.
- 4) Moves levers to start machine and to produce specified degree of hardness in rope.
- 5) Binds ends of finished rope to prevent raveling and removes full reel, using hoist.
Is being a "ROPE-MAKER, ROPEWALK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ROPE-MAKER, ROPEWALK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ROPE-MAKER, ROPEWALK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ROPE-MAKER, ROPEWALK"
Job Number: 8577