Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that cools and dries coatings applied to roofing material prior to cutting process: Reads work schedule to determine type, amount, and color of roofing material to be processed.
- 2) Selects machine attachments, such as paint rollers or embosser, depending on material to be processed, and places attachments in designated slots on machine.
- 3) Places hoses connected to paint tank on machine into paint barrels to circulate paint through tank, or turns handwheel to lower embosser that presses design onto roofing material.
- 4) Flips switches, turns dials, or pushes buttons to activate pumps that recycle paint, to circulate water to spray system and cooling drums, to raise or lower rollers to flatten and smooth granules on roofing material, to control length of roofing material in cooling or drying sections, and to start hot or cool air blowers.
- 5) Patrols cooling section of machine to detect sand stuck on rollers or cooling drums, and scrapes off sand to prevent puncture damage to roofing material, using scraper.
- 6) Observes hand signals of other workers and adjusts speed of rollers, temperature of air, or distance between rollers in drying section of machine, depending on type of signal.
- 7) Rethreads roofing material through machine after break, assisted by other workers.
Is being a "ROOFING-MACHINE TENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ROOFING-MACHINE TENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ROOFING-MACHINE TENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ROOFING-MACHINE TENDER"
Job Number: 8569