Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates machine to coat continuous rolls of roofing felt with asphalt, colored slate granules, powdered mica, or tar, to make roll roofing or shingles: Threads felt through or around series of coating rollers.
- 2) Pulls felt through rollers and adjusts tension.
- 3) Sets machine controls to gradually increase speed of rollers to specified operating speeds, or pulls levers and turns valves and wheels to synchronize machine speed and flow of coating material.
- 4) Observes gauge and adjusts rheostat to regulate temperature of coating material in reservoir.
- 5) Examines felt as it emerges from rollers to ensure that coating material is applied according to specifications.
- 6) May feel moving felt to determine whether granules are being deposited uniformly and are adhering as specified.
- 7) May be designated according to type of coating applied as Coater, Asphalt; Coater, Slate.
Is being a "ROOFING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ROOFING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ROOFING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ROOFING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 8568