Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates self-propelled machine to install roof-support bolts in underground mine: Positions safety jack to support roof until bolts can be installed.
- 2) Drives machine into position, inserts bit in drill chuck, and starts drill.
- 3) Moves lever to advance bit into roof at specified distance from rib or adjacent bolt.
- 4) Removes bit from chuck and replaces with bolt.
- 5) Starts hydraulic action which forces bolt into hole.
- 6) Starts rotation of chuck to turn bolt and open expansion head to exert pressure upon rock formation.
- 7) Tests bolt for specified tension, using torque wrench.
- 8) May install truss bolts traversing entire ceiling span and tighten ends of anchored truss bolts, using turnbuckle.
Is being a "ROOF BOLTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ROOF BOLTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ROOF BOLTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ROOF BOLTER"
Job Number: 8560