Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs following duties in rolling nonferrous metal ingots and bars into plates, sheets, rods, and coils: Guides or turns metal rods or ingots on conveyors or tables to, from, and through rolls of rod rolling machines, using tongs or automatic handling devices.
- 2) Feeds sheets or plates into carriage or table of rolling machines.
- 3) Cuts jagged edges from sheet, using hand or machine shears and flattens leading edge of sheet with mallet or machine flattener.
- 4) Tends equipment to return metal to entry side of mill for rerolling, to feed or off bear coils of metal, to hoist coil on machine spindle, pierce coil to raise end of coil and extend it into rollers of mill, and to remove rolled coil from machine.
- 5) Clears cobbles, using pry bar, and adjusts guides, using handtools.
- 6) Observes rolled metal for defects, such as tears and cracks.
- 7) Performs other duties as described under HELPER Master Title.
Is being a "ROLLING-MILL-OPERATOR HELPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ROLLING-MILL-OPERATOR HELPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ROLLING-MILL-OPERATOR HELPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ROLLING-MILL-OPERATOR HELPER"
Job Number: 8550