Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Recovers and reconditions used printing-press rollers, using handtools and such equipment as melting pot and chopping machine: Strips cover from roller manually or with knife, separating meltable from nonmeltable materials.
- 2) Feeds meltable scrap into chopping machine and dumps chopped material into heated melting pot.
- 3) Weighs out, mixes, and melts ingredients to form molding compound in mixing kettle, according to formula.
- 4) Paints roller cores, using brush.
- 5) Winds twine around roller ends and other areas needing packing.
- 6) Fits stars in position on cores and molding cylinder.
- 7) Oils cylinder, using oilcan, and inserts cores in cylinder.
- 8) Attaches bottom plate, water, and drain lines to molding cylinder, using wrenches.
- 9) Couples lines from compressor to kettle containing molding compound and to pressure gun used to force molding compound into cylinder.
- 10) Controls flow of compound according to signals from another worker observing operation from raised platform.
- 11) Pours cold water over surface of cylinder to congeal molding compound.
- 12) Inspects finished rollers for imperfections, trims excess molding compound from edges, and directs steam over surface of roller covers to remove wrinkles, using steam hose.
Is being a "ROLLER MAKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ROLLER MAKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ROLLER MAKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ROLLER MAKER"
Job Number: 8523