Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates buffing machine to recondition drawing, spinning, or roving frame rollers: Cuts worn cot from roller arbor and cleans arbor with solvent.
- 2) Screws arbor guides to handpress and turns knob to adjust press stroke according to length of roller.
- 3) Dips new cot into water to soften glue.
- 4) Positions arbor and cot in press and pulls lever to press cot onto arbor.
- 5) Positions assembled roller between centers on buffing machine carriage.
- 6) Turns carriage-stop adjustment screw to adjust machine to reduce cot diameter to specified size.
- 7) Starts machine and turns handwheel to feed revolving roller against buffing wheel.
- 8) Measures buffed roller with calipers to verify accuracy of diameter and places roller in gauge to ensure that cot is not tapered.
- 9) Cuts leather to specified size and glues edges to make leather cots.
- 10) Presses leather cot onto arbor, using arbor press.
- 11) Presses wooden tool against ends of leather cot as roller turns in lathe to shrink cot onto arbor.
- 12) Cuts cloth covering and glues it onto clearer rollers that clean lint from drawing rollers.
Is being a "ROLLER COVERER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ROLLER COVERER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ROLLER COVERER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ROLLER COVERER"
Job Number: 8519