Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs and adjusts rolls on sizing, forming, and welding mill to produce pipe or tube of specified outside diameter, following job specifications and using handtools: Reads mill schedule to determine size of product to be produced.
- 2) Selects rolls and installs rolls on mill, using handtools.
- 3) Signals OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR to remove previous sizing mill from rolling line and position replacement mill on line.
- 4) Sets and adjusts bolts to position rolls on mill, using wrenches and bars.
- 5) Sets controls to regulate speed of mill.
- 6) Measures outside diameter of product to determine conformance to specifications, using calipers.
- 7) Adjusts rolls on mill to obtain product of specified dimensions, using handtools.
- 8) Disassembles sizing mills removed from rolling line and stores parts.
Is being a "ROLL-TUBE SETTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ROLL-TUBE SETTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ROLL-TUBE SETTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ROLL-TUBE SETTER"
Job Number: 8557