Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates sewing machine to stitch rolled edges of filled and tufted mattresses to reinforce their boxlike shape, or to stitch padding and fabric covering around innersprings used in mattress: Positions mattress on table and adjusts machine according to thickness of mattress.
- 2) Rolls and inserts mattress edge under machine needle, starts machine, and guides edge under needle as machine travels slowly around table.
- 3) Places innersprings on table and spreads felt or foam rubber padding and covering over springs.
- 4) Inserts edges of covering and border panel under needle and tape feed of machine and guides tape and edges under needle to join them as machine travels slowly around table.
- 5) Performs duties as described under SEWING-MACHINE OPERATOR, REGULAR EQUIPMENT Master Title.
Is being a "ROLL-OR-TAPE-EDGE-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ROLL-OR-TAPE-EDGE-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ROLL-OR-TAPE-EDGE-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ROLL-OR-TAPE-EDGE-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 8551