Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates roll mill to homogenize and roll plastic compounds into sheeting or slab form: Pushes button to transfer plastic from mixing machine to revolving heated mill rolls.
- 2) Cuts material with knife and feeds material back through rolls to obtain sheet of specified color, consistency, and thickness.
- 3) Adjusts slitting knives or starts automatic scraper to strip sheet from rolls.
- 4) Guides material onto conveyor belt.
- 5) Observes gauges or feels material and turns steam and water valves to control temperature of rolls.
- 6) Cleans rolls to prevent contamination of stocks, using wire brush, hand scraper, solvents, and airhose.
- 7) May adjust roll clearance with hand wrenches.
Is being a "ROLL OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ROLL OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ROLL OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ROLL OPERATOR"
Job Number: 8509