"ROLL OPERATOR I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates rolling machine to bend metal plates, sheets, or bars into arcs, cylinders, or cones, using blueprints, templates, and knowledge of geometry and physical properties of metal to set up machine and plan sequence of operations: Pulls lever to lift upper roll, and positions workpiece into machine manually, or using crane.
- 2) Lowers rolls and turns nuts or handwheel to lock roll into machine, and to adjust to thickness of metal if operating block roll.
- 3) Turns handwheel to adjust roll to set degree of curvature of initial pass.
- 4) Starts machine and sets feed speed of workpiece back and forth between rolls.
- 5) Adjusts roll between each pass to form workpiece into specified shape.
- 6) Hammers workpiece to align it between rolls.
- 7) Measures arcs with template.
- 8) May set adjustment roll at angle to form conical shapes.
- 9) May adjust roll to straighten warped or bent bars or plates.
- 10) May operate horizontal or vertical roll-forming machine to straighten or bend angles, bars, or channels into rings or arcs and be designated Angle-Roll Operator.
- 11) May operate rolling machine to bend sheet metal to specified curvature and be designated Roll Operator, Sheet Metal.
- 12) May operate vertical roll machine and adjust elevation of roller tables to support workpiece and be designated Vertical-Roll Operator.
Is being a "ROLL OPERATOR I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ROLL OPERATOR I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ROLL OPERATOR I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ROLL OPERATOR I"
Job Number: 8510