Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates portable electric grinder to resurface damaged or worn mill rolls used to compress reclaim rubber into slabs: Positions and bolts grinder to holding fixture beside mill.
- 2) Examines sample slab from mill to determine extent of grinding necessary to resurface rolls.
- 3) Selects and bolts grinding wheel to grinder, and turns setscrews to align it with roll.
- 4) Starts grinder and turns travel screw to feed rotating grinding wheel horizontally along roll.
- 5) Repeats grinding until sample slabs are compressed according to standards.
- 6) Turns adjustment wheel to close rolls of mill, and spreads abrasive compound over ground area of rolls.
- 7) Starts mill to polish roll surfaces.
- 8) Wipes abrasive compound from polished rolls.
Is being a "ROLL GRINDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ROLL GRINDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ROLL GRINDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ROLL GRINDER"
Job Number: 8507