Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Renews carbon anode assemblies used in electrolytic processing of aluminum by performing any combination of following duties: Removes carbon blocks from conveyor, using hoist.
- 2) Feeds steel stubs on conveyor through bath solution to coat them with graphite.
- 3) Positions pouring ring and steel stub on carbon block.
- 4) Tilts crucible to pour molten iron around stub to cast it to block.
- 5) Bolts copper rod to stub, using wrench.
- 6) Loads anode assemblies onto trailer for removal to potroom, using hoist.
- 7) Unbolts copper rod from steel stub embedded in disintegrated block.
- 8) Places stub in hydraulic press and pulls lever to break off unused portions of block.
- 9) Cleans and straightens stubs and rods, using chipping gun, disk grinder, and straightening hammer.
- 10) Chips iron splashings from poured blocks, using chisel and hammer.
- 11) Pushes buttons and pulls levers to activate and switch conveyors to move blocks or assemblies through assembly process.
Is being a "RODDING-ANODE WORKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "RODDING-ANODE WORKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "RODDING-ANODE WORKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "RODDING-ANODE WORKER"
Job Number: 8497