"ROD-PULLER AND COILER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends coiling device that coils hot rod, wire, or tubing from extrusion press or rolling mill: Adjusts coiler reel according to specified size and coil, using handtools.
- 2) Inserts end of rod, tube, or wire in automatic coiling rack and moves controls to start coiler.
- 3) Guides straight lengths of rod or tube along table to avoid stretching or kinking material, using tongs.
- 4) Sets stops on table, using handtools, and cuts workpiece to specified lengths, using circular saw or power shears.
- 5) Rolls finished lengths into trough for cooling.
- 6) May stamp grade, alloy mixture, and batch number on each workpiece.
Is being a "ROD-PULLER AND COILER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ROD-PULLER AND COILER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ROD-PULLER AND COILER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ROD-PULLER AND COILER"
Job Number: 8500