Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends rod mills that grind ore, clinkers, and rock into fine particles: Starts mill and feed conveyors.
- 2) Turns valves to feed lime, water, starch, soda ash, and other materials into mill to make slurry.
- 3) Pushes button to start screw conveyor that separates coarse particles from slurry and returns them to mill for regrinding.
- 4) Obtains sample of ore or slurry in bucket for laboratory analysis.
- 5) Weighs sample on balance scales to determine density of slurry.
- 6) Turns valves to feed water into mill to obtain specified density of slurry.
- 7) Replaces worn rods in mill, using electric hoist.
- 8) May record operating time of rod mills and levels of materials in storage bins.
Is being a "ROD-MILL TENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ROD-MILL TENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ROD-MILL TENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ROD-MILL TENDER"
Job Number: 8499