Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fabricates, assembles, and tests experimental solid fuel rocket motor parts and assemblies according to specifications, using handtools, precision instruments, machines, and test equipment: Reads and interprets blueprints, drawings, and engineering information to determine methods and sequence of operations to fabricate experimental units.
- 2) Sets up and operates machines, such as milling machines, lathes, drill presses, and power saws, to machine parts.
- 3) Measures parts for conformance to specifications, using calipers and micrometers.
- 4) Assembles parts into completed units, such as valves and pressure vessels, using handtools.
- 5) Operates vacuum pressure testing equipment to test assembled units for air leaks.
- 6) Confers with engineering, supervisory, and manufacturing personnel to exchange technical information.
- 7) May mix chemicals used in fabrication of composite materials.
- 8) May operate winding machine to fabricate composite parts for solid fuel rocket motor.
- 9) May specialize in fabricating, assembling, and testing experimental liquid fuel rocket engines and be designated Rocket-Engine Mechanic, Liquid.
Is being a "ROCKET-MOTOR MECHANIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ROCKET-MOTOR MECHANIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ROCKET-MOTOR MECHANIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ROCKET-MOTOR MECHANIC"
Job Number: 8492