Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles, tests, and repairs pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical components of rocket motors or rocket engines, according to specifications, using handtools, power tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments: Positions parts in jigs and holding fixtures to facilitate assembly.
- 2) Fits and assembles interrelating precision parts, using handtools.
- 3) Inspects configuration and dimensions of assemblies, using instruments, such as optical flats, micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, and monolight instruments.
- 4) Tests assemblies to determine conditions, such as internal leakage, pressure differentials, and cycles of operation, using gauges, meters, and chemicals.
- 5) Conducts functional tests to determine mechanical performance.
- 6) Analyzes malfunctions to determine causes, and repairs, adjusts, synchronizes, and calibrates assemblies.
- 7) May perform welding and acid etching on various materials.
- 8) May operate computer to record, analyze, and interpret test data.
Is being a "ROCKET-ENGINE-COMPONENT MECHANIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ROCKET-ENGINE-COMPONENT MECHANIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ROCKET-ENGINE-COMPONENT MECHANIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ROCKET-ENGINE-COMPONENT MECHANIC"
Job Number: 8491