"ROCK-DRILL OPERATOR I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Drives and operates tractor-mounted rock drilling machine to drill explosive-charge holes through hard materials to facilitate blasting operations: Moves lever to set out-rigger jacks to level machine.
- 2) Verifies level of machine, using spirit level.
- 3) Inserts steel drill or rock bit into chuck.
- 4) Moves levers to start, stop, and control drilling speed of machine.
- 5) Drills holes and observes depth gauge on drill stem to verify depth of hole specified by BLASTER.
- 6) May be designated according to type of machine operated as Reciprocating-Drill Operator; Rotary-Rock-Drilling-Machine Operator.
Is being a "ROCK-DRILL OPERATOR I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ROCK-DRILL OPERATOR I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ROCK-DRILL OPERATOR I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ROCK-DRILL OPERATOR I"
Job Number: 8488