"ROAD SUPERVISOR OF ENGINES"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of train and engine crews on train carrying freight: Measures height and width of special loads to ensure that load limits are in accordance with rules and regulations, and that load will pass through tunnels and over bridges and trestles on scheduled route.
- 2) Ensures that sufficient number of engines are available to haul load.
- 3) Notifies LOCOMOTIVE ENGINEER of specified speed and route and special stops.
- 4) Prepares reports at end of run to explain delays or accidents.
- 5) Explains mechanical and electrical function of engine to workers, using charts and diagrams.
- 6) Demonstrates operation of locomotive to workers.
- 7) Observes workers to evaluate their performance in use of locomotive and in their understanding of operating rules and signals.
- 8) May recommend hiring, firing, and other personnel actions of train and engine crew workers.
Is being a "ROAD SUPERVISOR OF ENGINES" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ROAD SUPERVISOR OF ENGINES" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ROAD SUPERVISOR OF ENGINES"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ROAD SUPERVISOR OF ENGINES"
Job Number: 8479