Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Drives heavy rolling machine to compact earth fills, subgrades, flexible base, and bituminous surface to grade specifications preparatory to construction of highways, streets, and runways: Moves levers, depresses pedals, turns handwheels, and pushes throttle to control and guide machine.
- 2) Drives machine in successive overlapping passes over surface to be compacted.
- 3) Determines speed and direction of machine, based on knowledge of compressibility of material under changing temperatures, so that ridges are not formed by excessive pressure.
- 4) Pushes hand roller and pounds surfaces, using hand tamp, or guides portable power roller over areas not accessible to road roller.
- 5) May be designated according to surface rolled as Road-Roller Operator, Hot Mix; Subgrade-Roller Operator; or according to source of power used as Diesel-Roller Operator; Gas-Roller Operator.
Is being a "ROAD-ROLLER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ROAD-ROLLER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ROAD-ROLLER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ROAD-ROLLER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 8483