Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Rivets structural members, assemblies, and parts of railroad cars, using portable riveting, dimpling, and drilling machines and handtools: Reads work orders, blueprints, and operation sheets to determine sequence of operations and type size and hole pattern of rivets.
- 2) Removes temporary bolts or fasteners and inserts rivets in predrilled holes.
- 3) Places drive head of rivet gun against rivet shank and pulls trigger to actuate hammer that spreds rivet, or spreads rivet, using rivet set and hammer.
- 4) Rivets together adjoining edges of parts and assemblies, using portable rivet squeezer.
- 5) Places two dies of rivet squeezer over head and shank of rivet, and presses trigger to activate dies that flatten shank of rivet.
- 6) Drills and reams rivet holes and drills out defective rivets.
- 7) Forms dimples around rivet holes, using portable dimpling gun or stationary dimpling machine.
- 8) May align and assemble parts to be riveted, using jigs, holding fixtures, pins, clamps, and fasteners.
Is being a "RIVETER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "RIVETER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "RIVETER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "RIVETER"
Job Number: 8466