Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following tasks to assist in riveting structural parts or assemblies together: Lifts structural parts into position for riveting, using hoist.
- 2) Aligns rivet holes, using clamps, duft pins, and hammer.
- 3) Bolts parts together to temporarily secure structure for riveting, using impact wrench.
- 4) Pushes riveting machine along monorail to position machine over rivet.
- 5) Reams misaligned rivet holes, using portable drill and hand reamer.
- 6) Positions rivets in rivet holes or catches hot rivets thrown by RIVET HEATER, using bucket, and inserts rivets into holes, using tongs.
- 7) Presses metal bucking bar or die against rivet head to maintain position of rivet in hole.
- 8) Heats bucking bar, using gas torch, and shapes bar according to specifications, using handtools.
- 9) Removes temporary fitting bolts and unsatisfactory rivets, using cutting torch and handtools.
- 10) Performs other duties as described under HELPER Master Title.
Is being a "RIVETER HELPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "RIVETER HELPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "RIVETER HELPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "RIVETER HELPER"
Job Number: 8467