Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Rives logs or wooden blocks into bolts, pickets, posts, shakes, or stakes, using handtools, such as ax wedges, sledgehammer, froe, and mallet: Drives wedge into log with ax and sledgehammer to split log along grain to form posts or bolts.
- 2) Positions froe on block according to grain and thickness of specified product and pounds it into block with mallet to start cut.
- 3) Pulls froe handle up or down to pry and split pieces from block.
- 4) May fell trees, using chain saw.
- 5) May be designated according to product cut as Rail Splitter; Shake Splitter; Shingle-Bolt Cutter; Stave-Block Splitter.
Is being a "RIVER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "RIVER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "RIVER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "RIVER"
Job Number: 8463