Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends semiautomatic lathes that face and chamfer rim, cut diameter to size, and impart finish on watch balance wheels: Places balance wheel on locating pin in nest of quill, heats quill nest, wheel, and shellac stick to melt and apply shellac, using Bunsen burner.
- 2) Places quill in holder of semiautomatic shellacking machine and presses button to start machine that heats and melts shellac.
- 3) Presses wheel into nest and cools shellac to secure wheel in position.
- 4) Places and clamps quill in lathe, exercising care to seat parts to prevent damage to diamond cutters.
- 5) Presses button to start and run lathe through machining cycle.
- 6) Removes quill from lathe, heats nest, and removes wheel, exercising care to prevent damage to wheel.
- 7) Places wheel in alcohol to dissolve and remove shellac.
- 8) Examines finish and gauges outside diameter of wheels to ensure specifications are met, using loupe and micrometer or fine gauge.
- 9) Removes old shellac from quill, using Bunsen burner and brass wiping tool.
- 10) Lubricates and cleans quill and machine as needed.
Is being a "RIM-TURNING FINISHER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "RIM-TURNING FINISHER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "RIM-TURNING FINISHER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "RIM-TURNING FINISHER"
Job Number: 8452