Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Directs CHOKE SETTERS in high lead, slack line, or similar log yarding system: Determines sequence of logs to be yarded, according to guidelines established by HOOK TENDER.
- 2) Issues directions to crew regarding logs to be yarded, positioning and securing of chokers, and position of crew during movement of logs.
- 3) Signals YARDING ENGINEER to control positioning of choker cables for setting and yarding of logs over cutting area, using portable radio transmitter.
- 4) Signals to inform others of fire, injuries, need for repairs or revisions to rigging, and other conditions.
- 5) Trains new workers in choker setting techniques, safety practices, and whistle signals.
- 6) May perform choker setting duties.
- 7) May lead workers in installing, moving, and dismantling yarder rigging.
Is being a "RIGGING SLINGER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "RIGGING SLINGER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "RIGGING SLINGER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "RIGGING SLINGER"
Job Number: 11556