Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs blocks and guy lines for high lead, slack line, or similar log yarding system: Cuts notch around anchor stumps specified by HOOK TENDER, using chain saw and ax.
- 2) Wraps cable around stump and secures it in position with spikes and U-bolts.
- 3) Installs block, pulls winch cable through block, and secures cable to yarding blocks and guy lines.
- 4) Signals winch operator to haul yarding blocks and guy lines to anchor stumps, and secures them to anchor stumps.
- 5) Splices cable to make rigging parts or repair broken or worn cable, using marlin spikes, vise, hammer, and wire cutters.
- 6) Dismantles yarding system and loads rigging onto trucks for removal to new yarding site.
- 7) May install yarding cables, choker cables, cable swivels, carriages, and related rigging.
- 8) May rig and erect wooden spars.
- 9) May climb wooden spars, using climbing spurs and safety rope, to install or repair rigging.
- 10) May lead activities of crew and be designated Head Rigger.
Is being a "RIGGER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "RIGGER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "RIGGER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "RIGGER"
Job Number: 11584