Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates or informs patrons how to operate mechanical riding devices furnished by amusement parks, carnivals, or similar places of entertainment: Informs patron to fasten belt, bar, or other safety device.
- 2) Moves controls to start and stop equipment, such as roller coaster, merry-go-round, and ferris wheel.
- 3) Gives directions to patrons, usually over microphone, regarding safety and operation of such rides as midget autos and speedboats.
- 4) Turns on current to permit operation of ride by patron and turns off current after allotted time.
- 5) Drives vehicles, such as trains, on which persons ride, guiding and controlling their speed.
- 6) Adds to or removes equipment, according to amount of patronage.
- 7) Oils, refuels, adjusts, and repairs device.
- 8) Tests equipment daily before opening ride to patrons.
- 9) May notify patron of expiration of period for which fee was paid to use device.
- 10) May observe patrons boarding vehicle to ensure they are safely seated without being overcrowded and safety belts or bars are secure.
- 11) May collect tickets or cash fares from patrons.
- 12) May space rides operated in cars or sections to avoid danger of collisions.
- 13) May be designated according to equipment operated as Auto-Speedway Operator; Ferris-Wheel Operator; Flume-Ride Operator; Merry-Go-Round Operator; Monorail Operator; Railroad Operator; Roller-Coaster Operator; Speedboat Operator; Swing-Ride Operator; Train Operator; Whip Operator.
Is being a "RIDE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "RIDE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "RIDE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "RIDE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 8435