Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that winds typewriter ribbons onto spools: Sets yardage indicator on machine according to ribbon length specified on work order to control number of revolutions.
- 2) Places ribbon supply reel on mandrel and draws ribbon around rollers and through ribbon guide to prepare ribbon for winding.
- 3) Adjusts ribbon guide, according to width of ribbon.
- 4) Places empty spool on spindle and attaches end of ribbon from supply reel to spool.
- 5) Turns knob to zero dial of footage counter and depresses pedal to wind ribbon onto spool or turns reel that winds ribbon onto spool.
- 6) Observes dial of footage counter and stops machine at specified point.
- 7) Examines ribbon during winding to detect defects in fabric, inking, and winding.
- 8) Removes completed spool from spindle and attaches hooks or eyelets onto ends of ribbons to facilitate attaching to empty spool on typewriter.
- 9) Attaches fasteners over end of ribbon to prevent unwinding.
Is being a "RIBBON WINDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "RIBBON WINDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "RIBBON WINDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "RIBBON WINDER"
Job Number: 8429