Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that impregnates ribbons with ink to make ribbons for machines, such as typewriters, adding and addressograph machines, and cash registers: Fills ink pan of machine and loads machine roll or spool of silk, cotton, or nylon ribbon.
- 2) Starts machine to rotate rollers that dip into ink pan and press ink on ribbon.
- 3) Adjusts speed of machine and amount of ink to be pressed on ribbon according to type of ribbon to be made.
- 4) Inspects inked ribbons for imperfections.
- 5) May shape inner curve of divider that separates inks of bicolored ribbons, using file and emery cloth, until curve matches that of inking rollers.
- 6) May adjust machine guides according to width of ribbon to be inked.
Is being a "RIBBON INKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "RIBBON INKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "RIBBON INKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "RIBBON INKER"
Job Number: 8428